The Sendai Multicultural Center provides useful multi-lingual information to benefit daily-lives of non-Japanese residents. The center also provides daily-life consultation for non-Japanese residents and advice for residents on multicultural community building.The Sendai Multicultural Center is commissioned by the City of Sendai and managed by SenTIA.
- Information CounterWe offer various types
- Specialist Consultations for Foreign Residents Free consultations with specialist organizations for foreign residents.
Support HotlineFor help interpreting
with daily life issues.
- SenTIA Community Interpretation Supporter Dispatch SystemCommunity interpretation supporters will be dispatched to service counters at government institutions, schools, nurseries, etc.
- Life in SendaiInformation about daily life
in Sendai for
- Hospital and Clinics InformationInformation useful for
those who are sick or injured.
- The Lecture Rooms
& WorkshopThis space is
for registered groups
- Bulletin BoardYou can look for new friends
and language exchange
- Book loansThere is an assortment of Japanese language textbooks and books and publications on multiculturalism.
- Children's Play RoomPlay space for children.
& MagazinesWe have both Japanese
and foreign newspapers
- International sister city
friendship display areaInformation and displays about
Sendai City’s International Sister/ Friendship Cities.
|Opening hours||Daily from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
※We are closed for the New Year's Holidays as well as 1 or 2 days per month for maintenance.
The Sendai Multicultural Center’s exchange lounge and children’s play room can be used. However, we will be limiting the number of chairs as a preventative measure against the spread of COVID-19.
○ Consultations for daily life will be available.
○ Books can be borrowed and returned.
○ The exchange lounge and children’s play room can be used.
○ Lecture Room and Workshop can be used.
We also ask for those who have a fever higher than 37.5C refrain from visiting the Sendai Multicultural Center.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and ask for your understanding and cooperation.
Information on the Novel Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) can be found here:
|Closed days||July 5th (Tues.) 2022
August 1st (Mon.), 5rh (Fri.) 2022
●Phone calls will not be answered.
●Please send consultations by email. They will be replied to at a later date.
*The Sendai Multicultural Center may also be temporarily closed on other days due to repairs or inspections.
Notices from Sendai Multicultural Center
〒980-0856 Sendai International Center, 1F, Conference Building, Aobayama, Aoba-ku, Sendai,980-0856, Japan
*The Sendai Multicultural Center is located on the first floor of the Sendai International Center Conference Building.