Interpretation Support Hotline
We offer information about daily life in Sendai over the phone, as well
as an over-the-phone interpretation service using a three-way telephone.
If you call the number below, our staff can interpret between Japanese and English, Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese, Nepali, Tagalog, Thai, Portuguese, Spanish, Russian, Indonesian, Italian, French, German, Malay, Khmer, Burmese, Mongolian, Sinhalese, Hindi, Bengali, and Ukrainian.
*We cannot interpret medical conversations.
*Depending on the circumstances of the interpreters, you may be required to wait.
Interpretation Support Hotline Tel: 022-224-1919
Open daily from 9：00 a.m. ～ 5：00 p.m. (Closed one or two days per month)
Free of charge (standard call charges will apply)
Examples of using the hotline
- I want to buy medicine at a pharmacy but no one can understand what I’m saying. Please tell the employees what my symptoms are.
- I am at the service counter of a gymnasium. I don’t know how to use this facility, so please interpret for me.
- A foreigner has come to my police box, but I don’t know what they want.
- I have received a notice of non-delivery. I want to contract the driver, but I cannot speak Japanese.
- I want to apply to dispose of bulky waste items.