The book corner has a collection of publications related to Japanese language studies and multiculturalism. Feel free to browse the materials, but a library card is required to borrow (free of charge).
Registering for a Library Card
- You can register for a library card as long as you are a resident of Sendai, live close to Sendai, or your school or workplace is located in Sendai.
- When registering for a library card, show your ID（residence card, national health insurance card, driver’s license, student ID etc.）to a staff member at the counter.
- Your library card is valid for two years.
- A maximum of three books or magazines can be borrowed for a period of two weeks, but only 2 language study book can be borrowed at a time.
- Return borrowed books to the counter by the due-date.
- You can return books by mail or by home delivery service (you must pay for all expenses etc).
- If you have not returned over-due books, you cannot borrow any other materials.
- In the event that you lose, dirty, or destroy any book you have borrowed, you may be required to pay for a new book.
Extending Due-date Books
- If you would like to extend the due-date of a book and it is not reserved by anyone else, return it to the counter by the due-date and then re-borrow it.
- There is no copy service available.
- Groups who are active in the Sendai area can borrow 20 books for a period
of one month.
Ask at the counter for further information.
- We hold giveaways of books, magazines and newspapers that have passed their
For further details please see click here.