The Library offers books about Japan and various countries around the world as well as language study books.It also has a large number fo books in over 30 different languages.You must have a library card in order to borrow books from the library.
- Please ask at the counter if there is a book you cannot find.
- You can use the Koryu Corner Library Book Search on the SIRA Website to find a book.
Registering for a Library Card
- You can register for a library card as long as you are a resident of Sendai, live close to Sendai, or your school or workplace is located in Sendai.
- When registering for a library card, show your ID（national health insurance card, driver’s license, student ID, Non-Japanese registration card etc.）to a staff member at the counter.
- If you lose your library card, change address or telephone number, please inform a staff member at the counter.
- Your library card is valid for two years.
- A maximum of three books or magazines can be borrowed for a period of two weeks.
- Only 2 language study books (orange bar code) can be borrowed for a period of 2 weeks.
- Please ask a staff member for CDs and cassette tapes that come with language study books.
- If you would like to borrow library books, take them along with your library card to the counter.
- Return books to the counter (you do not need your library card).
- You can return books by mail or by home delivery service (you must pay for all expenses etc).
※ If you return books late, you may be subject to a penalty.
- If you have not returned over-due books, you cannot borrow any other materials.
- If you lose any books, you will be responsible to pay for them.
Extending Due-date Books
- If you would like to extend the due-date of a book, return it by the due-date and then re-borrow it.
- It is possible to extend the due-date of a book by phone only once.
- There is no copy service available at the library.
- Groups who are active in the Sendai area can borrow 20 books for a period of one month. Ask at the counter for further information.
- Please do not eat or drink in the Library.