Specialist Consultations for Foreign Residents
Specialist Consultations for foreign residents are being held at the Sendai Multicultural Center. These consultations with specialist organizations are free of charge.
If you have any problems while living here in Sendai, please make use of this service.
No fees required. Be at ease while consulting in a private room. Consultations are limited to 30 minutes per person. Consultation details are confidential.
All consultations are held from 1:00p.m. to 4:00p.m.
Specialist Consultations with Administrative Scriveners
Administrative scriveners from the Miyagi Administrative Scrivener Association are available for consultation on matters such as visas, residence status, and administrative procedures.
- What should I do in order to bring my family here from my home country?
- What should I do in order to obtain permanent residence status?
Specialist Consultations with Lawyers
Lawyers from the Sendai Bar Association are available for legal consultation on matters such as divorce, multiple debts, real estate, and inheritance.
- We are discussing divorce, but what should I do to get parental custody of my children?
- My Japanese spouse has passed away. How will inheritance be handled?
Specialist Consultations with the Miyagi Labour Bureau
Employees from the Miyagi Labour Bureau are available for consultation on matters such as wages, working hours, vacation/paid leave, employment contracts, and job hunting.
- I was made to quit my job for no reason.
- I am not being paid or not receiving overtime pay.
- Workplace problems related to bullying, sexual harassment, or power harassment.
- I want to look for work.
Specialist Consultations with the Regional Immigration Bureau
Employees from the Sendai Regional Immigration Bureau are available for consultation on matters such as immigration and residency procedures.
- What will happen to my residency status if I change jobs?
- I have the Spouse of Japanese National residency status, but what will happen to my residency status if I get divorced?
Specialist Consultations with the Tohoku Tax Accountant's Association
Tax accountants from the Tohoku Tax Accountant's Association will handle consultations about taxes in Japan.
- I want to start an enterprise. I want to establish my own company.
- My parents passed away, what will happen with inheritance tax?
- I earned some casual income or had expenditure. Am I eligible to pay tax or receive deductions?
How to Apply
If you would like to have a consultation, please provide us with the following information at the time of application:
- Your name
- Contact details (phone number/email address)
- Details of your problem
- If an interpreter is required
An interpreter will be provided as necessary (English, Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese, Nepali, etc.)
- [ Location ]
- Sendai Multicultural Center, Conference Center Building, 1F, Sendai International Center
- [ Application ]
- TEL: (022)224-1919, (022)265-2471
You can check the schedule for all Specialist Consultations here.
The schedule is also announced on the International Relations Department’s website and email magazine.