Interpretation Support Hotline
We offer information about sightseeing and daily life in Sendai over the phone, as well as an over-the-phone interpretation service using a three-way telephone. If you call the number below, our staff can interpret between Japanese and English, Chinese, Korean, Tagalog, Portuguese, Vietnamese and Nepali.
*We cannot interpret medical conversations.
*Depending on the circumstances of the interpreters, you may be required to wait.
Interpretation Support Hotline Tel.022-224-1919
Open daily from 9：00 a.m. ～ 5：00 p.m. (Closed one or two days per month)
Free of charge (standard call charges will apply)
Examples of using the hotline
- I want to buy medicine at a pharmacy but no one can understand what I’m saying. Please tell the employees what my symptoms are.
- I am at the service counter of a gymnasium. I don’t know how to use this facility, so please interpret for me.
- A foreigner has come to my police box, but I don’t know what they want.
- I have received a notice of non-delivery. I want to contract the driver, but I cannot speak Japanese.
- I want to apply to dispose of bulky waste items.