- When Becoming Pregnant
- Preparing for Childbirth
- When Your Baby Is Born
- Support for Raising Your Child
- When You Desire Counseling
- Mama's Voice
Preparing for Childbirth
- 2-1 Health Insurance and Delivery Expenses
- 2-2 One-Time Delivery and Nursing Allowance
- 2-3 One-Time Delivery and Nursing Allowance Hospital Direct Payment System
- 2-4 Delivery Aid System
2-1 Health Insurance and Delivery Expenses
Delivery of a baby is not a disease. Thus health insurance does not cover deliveries, and you will have to pay the entire sum of the delivery expense on your own. However, in the case of Caesarian sections and other treatment procedures, you may make use of your insurance. During pregnancy, if you have to receive medical treatment, such as medication or hospitalization, for example in case of pregnancy induce hypertension or anemia, you will be able to use your health insurance. In the event that a procedure is covered by health insurance, you will still be responsible for only 30% of the cost.
For further details, consult your ward office insurance and pension division or general city branch office public health welfare division if you hold a Sendai City National Health Insurance policy, or consult your company if you have a company insurance policy.
2-2 One-Time Delivery and Nursing Allowance
If you have a National Health Insurance (NHI) policy, when you give birth (including stillbirth and miscarriage from the twelfth week (84th day) on), you will be provided with a one-time delivery and nursing allowance.
|¥420,000 per baby born
|Required Materials for Application
|Health insurance card, official seal, Maternal and Child Health Handbook, a document displaying the bank account number of the head of household (in the event of stillbirth or miscarriage, a certificate from the doctor is needed)
|The National Health Insurance and Pension Section of your local Ward Office or Miyagi General Branch Office, or the Health and Welfare Section of Akiu General Branch Office
2-3 One-Time Delivery and Nursing Allowance Hospital Direct Payment System
(1) If the head of household makes a request in advance along with the application for admission to the hospital (or childbirth institution), the medical facility in charge of the delivery may be directly paid the one-time delivery and nursing allowance through the One-Time Delivery and Nursing Allowance Medical Facility Direct Payment System.
(2) Alternatively for hospital or childbirth institution which do not have such contract with the National Health Insurance system,if the head of household submits an Acceptance of Proxy Notification to the ward office reception counter before the delivery date, then once the notification of delivery is submitted, the medical facility in charge of the delivery can be directly paid the One-Time Delivery and Nursing Allowance through Sendai City National Health Insurance, using the One-Time Delivery and Nursing Allowance Acceptance of Proxy Payment System.
For insurance policies other than those with National Health Insurance, please consult your company concerning One-Time Delivery and Nursing Allowance.
2-4 Delivery Aid System
This system allows for low-cost deliveries intended for those with low incomes who do not have the money necessary to make normal delivery payments. There are restrictions on who can use this system based on household income tax circumstances. Please contact the appropriate institution for further details.
From the day before the day of the delivery until the day when the doctor decides that “satisfactory progress allows discharge.” As a general rule, the maximum stay is 14 days.
The cost when using this system will depend on your income. Please consult your ward office domestic health division for information on aid amount and application procedures.
|· Tohoku University Hospital
|1-1 Seiryo-cho, Aoba-ku, Sendai City
|· Sendai Red Cross Hospital
|2-43-3 Yagiyama Honcho, Taihaku-ku, Sendai City
|· Sendai City Hospital
|3-1 Shimizu Koji, Wakabayashi-ku, Sendai City
|· Hikarigaoka Spellman Hospital
|6-7-1 Higashi-Sendai, Miyagino-ku, Sendai City
|· Sendai Medical Center
|2-8-8 Miyagino, Miyagino-ku, Sendai City