- When Becoming Pregnant
- Preparing for Childbirth
- When Your Baby Is Born
- Support for Raising Your Child
- When You Desire Counseling
- Mama's Voice
Congratulations on your new baby.
The beginning of a new life is a priceless thing.
Pregnancy, delivery, and nursing while overseas may pose many difficulties.
But you are not alone. Your family, friends, and those who have gone through the same experience before are with you.
Please gather information and make good use of the administrative services and support available from citizen groups.
Whether a time of hardship or a time of joy, all will become precious memories.
Without pushing yourself too hard or becoming too anxious, please enjoy your time of childbirth and childrearing.
- 1.When Becoming Pregnant
- 2.Preparing for Childbirth
- 3.When Your Baby Is Born
- 4.Support for Raising Your Child
- 4-1 Kindergartens
- 4-2 Children's Daycare Centers (Approved Daycare Centers)
- 4-3 Domestic Childcare Welfare Workers
- 4-4 Sendai Daycare Centers
- 4-5 Unlicensed Children's Daycare Facilities
- 4-6 Children’s Halls and Children’s Centers
- 4-7 Temporary and Specified Care in Children's Daycare Centers
- 4-8 Childcare for a Child with or Recovering from Illness
- 4-9 Sendai Healthy Growth Support Project
- 4-10 Child-Raising Contact Plaza
- 4-11 Childcare Helper
- 4-12 Volunteer Childcare
- 5.When You Desire Counseling
- 5-1 The Ward Office Domestic Health and Public Health Benefits Divisions and the General City branch office Public Health Welfare Division
- 5-2 Child Household General Consultation
- 5-3 Child Consultation Support Center: “Ask Anything about Child-Raising Phone Consultation”
- 5-4 Childen’s Consultation Center
- 5-5 Development Consultation
- 6.Mama's Voice
224-1919 Interpretation Support
Are you having trouble communicating at the reception counter of your ward office or hospital? If so, please call the Sendai International Center, Interpretation Support Hotline at 224-1919. The staff can interpret for you in English, Chinese, Korean, Tagalog, Portuguese and Vietnamese. You can also ask a volunteer member of the citizen’s group “OASIS(Open Assist & Support in Sendai)” to come with you at no cost.