BlogNotices from the International Relations Department

【 To students】Support for Learning Higher Education(高等教育修学支援)

○This support will help students who have difficulty paying their school (tuition, etc.). Tuition can be reduced, scholarships can be granted, and loans can be given out.

○Eligibility: Those who have difficulty paying their school and:
・Have resident status of special permanent resident, permanent resident, spouse or child of Japanese national, or spouse or child of permanent resident.
・A “long term resident” who wants to permanently reside in Japan.
※For international students who have other resident statuses, there are other ways to support their livelihood through scholarship systems.

Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology website (Japanese)

【How to apply】
Please consult with either the Scholarship Consultation Call Center or with your school.
Scholarship Consultation Call Center (Japan Student Services Organization) (Japanese)

Scholarship Consultation Call Center
TEL: 0570‐666‐301 (Navi Dial)
Available hours: weekdays 9:00a.m. – 8:00p.m. (unavailable weekends, holidays, and New Year’s holidays)

If you need interpretation support, please call the Interpretation Support Hotline of the Sendai Multicultural Center.
TEL: 022-224-1919 (available from 9:00a.m. to 5:00p.m.)
E-mail: tabunka* (replace「*」with「@」)